Now, that’s what I’m talking about! :)
TODAY, RESURRECTION SUNDAY, WE CELEBRATE THE MOST SIGNIFICANT EVENT IN HUMAN HISTORY. SIGNIFICANT NOT ONLY FOR SOME, BUT FOR ALL!
IF YOU’RE A FOLLOWER OF JESUS, there will be times in your life where you’ll feel troubled, burdened, even depressed. Remember however, that your savior is not dead. He is alive today — loving you, caring for you and walking with you through hard times.
IF YOU’RE SORT OF A FOLLOWER OF JESUS, remember that Jesus is alive today, he’s not a joke. He demands full commitment, not half-heartedness. Either you follow him or not at all. If he’s truly alive today, you should take that seriously.
IF YOU’RE NOT A FOLLOWER OF JESUS, what we celebrate today also affects your life. You might want to consider, if what we claim is not true, we’re just a bunch of lunatic. And with the rest of the people who lived from 2000 years ago, you have the right to laugh at us. However, if what we believe truly happened — that our Master has risen from the dead, it has eternal implications. He claims that he is the way, the truth and the life, and that no one comes to the father except through him. You then have to decide whether to believe him or not.
My wife has some very wise words about telling people — kids and girls in particular — against watching the recent blockbuster “Fifty Shades of Grey”: they probably will be more curious and will want to watch it even more! And, newsflash! they probably have done so already.
So, since you most likely have seen the movie, here are some of my few thoughts as a man and a dad:
– What if Christian Grey is Mang Pandoy, the tricycle driver? Not cool. Not very cool. Being rich and cute doesn’t make abusive sex (or BDSM) cool.
– And, if you think “rich” and “cute” is a good catch, think again. Money can be earned. Pogi-ness can be learned. Both qualities can only allow you a few months into a relationship before it wears off and become unnoticeable. But respect, godliness and truthfulness are for the long haul. I always tell this to the singles at our church: don’t settle for less. You are far more valuable as a child of God to settle for anything less than a godly, honorable man that you deserve.
– Christian Grey needs some serious counseling. And if you find him cool, you need some, too. Seriously. I’m saying that without any trace of sarcasm, rather with honest concern.
– Yes, signing a contract before having sex is cool. The one you sign in front of your relatives and friends. But I’m not just talking about a typical contract. I’m talking about a covenant. The one you agree to “bond” you together for better or for worse in front of God. You know where I’m going with this.
– Sex is fun. Sex should be fun. But, I’m saying this as a married man and a dad to girl that will soon be a lady in a few years and not as a youth leader or counselor: ‘wag muna, wait until you’re married. The fear, guilt, shame and uncertainty is not worth it.
A few related, very useful links:
A Psychiatrist’s Letter to Young People About 50 Shades of Grey – I thought this one is a very informed advice from a professional.
The Power of Change, Chinkee Tan’s seminar is happening this Saturday, January 31! This seminar cost at a small fee of P599+VAT.
BUT — I’m going to be sponsoring 2 attendees to attend this seminar for FREE! Here’s what we need to do:
1. You are you reading this and we’re not really personally acquainted (yet), you’re qualified. :D
2. Send me an email to arnold.gamboa[@]gmail[dot]com and let me know why you need to attend this seminar.
I’ll be sending back an email invitation to you if you are chosen. (If you’re not chosen, that doesn’t mean that your reason is not good enough. It is because I can only sponsor 2)
So, there. if you want to attend this seminar for free, send me an email now.
How we embrace ‘change’ makes a the difference. Change is inevitable; it is also powerful that it can make or break you. But, you have the power to deal and adapt with change the right way. Instead of facing change with fear, welcome it as an opportunity to expand yourself, and to move from being stagnant to vibrant.
Join The POWER OF CHANGE by Chinkee Tan. He will walk with you and help you understand the process of change. He will also show you that there is so much power in change that if you’ll learn to embrace it, you will progress, find new perspective, and experience breakthroughs-your life will never be the same again.
Get inspired, renewed, and empowered as you unfold the exciting yet amazing process of CHANGE! Sign up today for The Power of Change on January 31, 2015, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM at Holiday Inn and Suites, Ayala Center, Makati City.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.