Watch this, then let me tell you why Bro. Eddie just broke my heart.
Let me lay out the ground work.
1. I’m an evangelical Christian.
2. Bro. Eddie is a leader of one of the biggest evangelical groups here in the Philippines.
3. While I’m not part of the Jesus is Lord Church which he founded, I look up to him as a brother and a great leader of the Church.
4. Apolo Quiboloy’s “Kingdom…”, on the other hand, is NOT an evangelical church. In fact, his church is largely considered a cult of Christianity among evangelical apologists. Reason for this includes his claim of being the Son of God (in Gentile body, blasphemous in my opinion), their works-oriented salvation doctrine, Oneness (as against Trinitarianism), and exclusivity (even claiming that Davao — where their headquarters is located — is the new Jerusalem). He has all the characteristics to be tagged by evangelicals as a dangerous cult.
5. I can respect Quiboloy as a citizen of the Philippines and truly a leader with many followers. But I will never call him a “preacher of righteousness”.
Bro. Eddie, as most of you know, is campaigning for the presidency.
Seeing this man of God compromise his belief, the gospel of Jesus Christ, to which this man from Davao has adulterated, breaks my heart. He is not only loosing his witness, he is also loosing the witness of the entire evangelical Christianity in the Philippines.
What else can Bro. Eddie do just to win the votes of the people?
I’m calling on Bro. Eddie to repent of this lie, hunger for power and for bringing shame to the name of Jesus Christ, the true Son of God.