Here’s how you can join and help Ondoy’s flood victims: (Disclaimer: most of these information came from my Twitter contacts as I follow those that retweet information. Please don’t take this as my personal endorsement, rather do make your own initial confirmation when giving, especially if it’s financial)
1. RED CROSS – The best and easiest way (in my opinion, since this is the most accessible) is via text donations to Red Cross. You can load up your number then send your donations either 25, 50, 100 or 300.
text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
(images grabbed from Jannette Toral)
It is also confirmed that they have a Paypal account that you can send funds to: email@example.com
2. Victory Christian Fellowship – I heard that they are turning their Ortigas center as a hub for accepting donations. It’s on the 4th floor of Robinson’s Galleria
3. ABS-CBN – BANCO de Oro account number 56300-20111 account name: ABS-CBN Foundation Incorporation
4. GMA – GMA Kapuso Foundation accepting donations of food, clothes & water pls call 9317013, 9284299 9289351. Website here
5. Gawad Kalinga – Donations for Gawad Kalinga may be brought 2 Cervini Ateneo or GK CENTER profriends
6. World Vision – Worldvision Foundation is accepting donations/volunteers to pack relief goods in QC.For donations, BPI:USD acct #4254-0050-08.
7. Ateneo – Ateneo now accepting donations at Cervini Hall. contact 09176312423 and 09177035357
8. Senators Noynoy Aquino and Mar Roxas – Tulong Bayan hot lines for donations and volunteers are 09086579998, 9137122, 9136254, and 9133306. Drop-off points are at Expo Centro in Cubao in Quezon City and White Space at 2314 Pasong Tamo Extension in Makati,” according to a text of a staff from Aquino’s office.