I’m an Apple “cultist”. I have an iMac, a MacBook and a 2nd gen iPod. Needless to say, I love Apple products.
Yesterday, iPhone 3G was launched here in the Philippines. BUT — I’m not getting one. Here are my reasons why I’m not:
- I’m a Smart post-paid subscriber. While I don’t have anything against Globe, I will not change my number nor get a new one. I hate Apple’s telco lock scheme!
- I love my new Nokia E71. For a basic business phone, it has everything iPhone can do, less the sexiness but more functionality.
- IMO, iPhone is too expensive. My Nokia E71 is just a little over P20,000. iPhone 3G’s 8GB is aroundP P35k.
- I don’t need it.
- I like it, but I don’t need it.
- Ok, seriously, I don’t have extra money to buy one. If I have, I may have gotten one. :D