When things are chaotic, one is forced to learn. I am. Learning. This week.
* You can be strong in words without being offending.
* Being soft in words doesn’t mean you’re being a good relational leader, because…
* Relationships are built with honesty. And if you are not being honest with your feelings, the relationship is not built on solid ground.
* Being apologetic for coming in strong sends a wrong signal — that you probably do not mean what you say.
* It’s ok to be mad. And not sin.
* Apologize for hurting someone’s feelings. But do not apologize for what you said if you mean it and you think what you said is true and is needed.
I’m learning that these principles are applied whether you are leading a family, a business or a church. And for me, what a way to learn.
Any principles that you may add regarding leader communication skills?